My Wild Damson Liqueur is ready at last! Warm plummy notes and smooth finish make this a very popular drink. Made in a batch of 4,000 bottles from the generous wild harvest of 2014, it may be some time before we can make this again as the wild damson plum harvest is unpredictable and elusive.
The trees blossom in April and are at risk to late frosts, even high winds and rain can hamper pollination and leave us without a crop.
Awarded two gold stars by Great Taste of Britain and Ireland, this is a very special batch.
My Wild Beech Leaf Liqueur is a one of a kind liqueur made from leaves handpicked in the Irish countryside. Just a little is taken from each tree and then treated according to an old family recipe which has been refined and perfected by Wild Food Mary. The resulting liqueur has burnt toffee aromas and a pleasant smokiness to it, smooth on the tongue with a lingering satisfying finish. Wild Beech Leaf Liqueur has unique flavours and lends itself well to cocktails, or as a shot served with dessert or beside a coffee.
Hidden Ireland’s Roundwood House were first to include our liqueurs in their menu. Three of Ireland’s Michelin Star chefs are also using the liqueurs in their restaurants.
I’m proud to bring you my unique liqueurs produced with care and respect for nature.
Available from these retail outlets:
- Sweeney’s; Glasnevin, Dublin
- Redmonds; Ranelagh, Dublin
- McCabes; Blackrock, Dublin
- Donnybrook Fair; Moorehampton Rd, Dublin
- Celtic Whiskey Shop;Stephen’s Green, Dublin
- Bradleys ; North main St., Cork
- McCambridges; Shop St, Galway
- Harte’s; Kildare
- Egan’s Wine Shop; Portlaoise
- Hugh Lynch’s, Tullamore
- Carry Out; Tullamore
- Nally’s Centra; Tullamore
- Super Valu; Birr, Roscrea, Banagher, Moate, Mullingar, Celbridge, Sallins, Maynooth, Clane and Blackrock Dublin.
And from these restaurants:
- Fire; Mansion House, Dublin
- Chapter One; Parnell Square, Dublin
- Kai; Galway
- Loam; Galway
- Ard Bia; Galway
- Roundwood House; Co. Laois
Personally I enjoy the beech liqueur neat, but here are a few variations. Your recipes also very welcome – leave a comment!
WILD BEECH LIQUEUR
- 1 measure Beech to 4 measures tonic;
- 1 measure Beech to 2 measures fresh orange juice;
- 1 measure Beech in your favourite coffee,
- 1 measure Beech, or to taste in hot chocolate;
- 1 measure Beech with dash hot water
- Pour it over homemade ice-cream, or drizzle over a hazelnut or almond cake 😉
WILD DAMSON LIQUEUR
- Add tonic water or your favourite bubbly to a measure of Wild Damson Liqueur.
- Straight up over ice
- With a dash of hot water