Wild food walks and workshops
April and May and the hedgerows and woods are packed full of wild wonders, From Ramson’s and Nettles to Pignuts,Chickweed,Gobo, vetches and the much sought after Morel and St. George mushroom there is plenty to delight and keep you busy. The field margins and hillsides are covered in Gorse in full bloom and let’s not forget the Dandelions and other flowers.Then there is how to best use all of them.
Mary offers workshops to schools, primary, post primary, College and private groups, just call to discus your own specially tailored event. See below for some scheduled dates.
Workshops can be themed around such topics as fun with wild flowers and plants. Biodiversity, Natural health boosters, wine-making. Fungi… so if you are looking for an unusual gift or a fun educational/cooking experience contact Mary
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 087/7418536
- SPRING 2017 DATES.
- Easter weekend, Galway, Sat 15 and Sunday 16 April. Stroll in woods and by hedgerows, Meet Barna woods car park. 10am Free. In conjunction with Galway food festival, Halla Bia and Galway leo. Stroll through woods and lanes, see the wealth of wild flowers, plants and roots, then drop in to see us at Halla bia.
- Saturday 29th April, spring forage at Howth castle cookery school. Forage followed by fun in the kitchen, book with cookery school.
- Sunday May 7th, Farm forage,Spring Mushrooms. Explore field margins and gather mushrooms, nettle tops and other wild foods, which we will use to produce a tasty colourful meal. €50. Book with Mary.
- Saturday May 13th, Ecofarm Co. Galway. See ecostayireland.com to book.
- PLEASE NOTE workshops subject to minimum of 6 people, max 15.book with Mary, email@example.com 087 7418536, thank you.
To arrange a workshop for your family or group, home or away call Mary on 087 7418536